Monday, January 19, 2015

To do or not to do





Back then in secondary school, there was a time when I hated Kerja Cuti Terancang (year-end holiday homework that should be passed to the new homeroom teacher at the beginning of the new term). What am I saying, I've never once liked any homework that would take up my precious holiday moments. But there was this one particular batch of homework which I swore to myself not to do a single thing about it; I think this was during my rebellious stage of teenage hood. I even made a few of my friends do the same, which makes me wonder now about how amazing my persuasive skills had been. Now back to my story, when the new term started, and teachers began to be busy collecting homework, while making a head count of how many students were naughty and nice, I began to have a change in heart. I remembered this karangan BM that we had to write, and despite all pledge and oath of the rebellion commitee, I started to write one whole page of essay (which was still considered short). I could not remember what ignited my student enthusiasm so suddenly; perhaps the teacher was frightening (but as far as my memory could recall, my BM teachers were all nice), or perhaps I was just an impulsive person as I am now; but I finished the essay in about..5? 10 minutes? Don't be amazed, just don't. Because I wrote in anything that my brain could offer at that time, and my handwriting was...well, horrendous. And then one friend came by, looked at my piece, and bluntly said something like, "kalau buat cincai macam ni baik takyah buat langsung." Jokingly, and with a smirk. I ignored those remarks back then, but I think the effect was postponed until just now. When I was about to surrender and flip off every bit of pushing force I have in myself to survive this week of torture, I suddenly remembered those words. And that muka mintak pukul. If I didn't remember them, I would probably have told myself to sleep for two days straight without preparing for the long case exam on Thursday, and just type whatever nonsense I can create in the case summaries that I have to submit this Friday. Well that would be a waste wouldn't it? 


Anyway, as for the friends that I had betrayed, they're still friends with me :) they really love me unconditionally, don't they?

No comments: